The Presbyterian College of Education was founded 1848, and referred to as the ‘Mother of Our Schools’. It was the first institution of higher learning to be established in the Gold Coast (Ghana). For over 50 years, it remained the only teacher training institution in the then Gold Coast. The College has run different academic programmes and different curricula have been followed, all tailored to suit the demands of the various times.
Presbyterian College of Education is affiliated to University of Education Winneba.
|Name||Presbyterian College of Education (Akropong Akuapem)|
|Principal||George Buenortey Appahn (AG)|
|Gender of Students||Mixed|
|District /Municipal/Metropolitan||Akwapim North Municipal|