St. Monica’s College of Education was established in 1930. It was founded in Cape Coast by three Sisters, namely, Sr. Lailla, Sr. Dorothy, and Sr. Gertrude. In 1936, at the request of Asantehene, the College was moved from Cape Coast to Mampong – Ashanti. It started a three-year Diploma in Basic Education programme in 2004, and it was given accreditation as a tertiary institution in October, 2007.
St. Monica's College of Education is affiliated to University of Cape Coast.
|Name||St. Monica's College of Education|
|Gender of Students||Women Only|
|District /Municipal/Metropolitan||Mampong Municipal|