The College is situated north-east of Somanya, overlooking the Somanya and Odumase townships. The institution was founded by American Catholic SVD Missionaries at Agormanya in 1947. Mount Mary College was opened with 23 male students to pursue two-year Post Middle Teacher’s Certificate ‘B’ course. The college was moved to its present location in 1951. The motto of the college is Virtus et Scientia (Character and Knowledge).
|Name||Mount Mary College of Education|
|Principal||Cecilia Esinam Eyaa Akakpo|
|Gender of Students||Mixed|
|District /Municipal/Metropolitan||Yilo Krobo|
|Postal Address||P.O. BOX 19, Somanya|